The vibration pads are tools, used for vibration isolation of machines in several industries. They are used for the elastic mounting of machines, generators, pumps, electric panels, compressors, engines, and other industrial machines and equipment. They help dampen the vibration generated by the machines weighing from 10 Kg to 20,000 kg. After mounting the machines on the vibration pads, the vibration is absorbed by them. They are crafted to absorb the vertical as well as horizontal vibrations coming from these machines.
Why are the anti-vibration pads used?
The anti-vibration pads are used in various industries in Kuwait because they aim to dampen the vibration of equipment such as compressors, pumps, engines, and more. These pads are also used in centrifugal machines to decrease vibrations and movement. Moreover, they are used in HVAC equipment in order to minimize vibrations. By absorbing the vibration, the anti-vibration pads prevent the sounds from entering the buildings. Engine radiators are mounted on anti-vibration pads for their long life and best performance.
Most industrial exhausts produce high-frequency vibrations due to a large amount of gas. Thus, they should be mounted on anti-vibration pads for better damping of the vibration. Equipment such as compressed air/fluid pipes is also mounted on the anti-vibration pads in Kuwait to decrease the massive vibration created by them.
How can you select the right anti-vibration pad?
- First of all, you need to identify the machine in your industry that requires vibration damping. Depending on the applications, you can select from several high-grade neoprene pads, Tico anti-vibration pads, rubber cork pads, and anti-vibration sheets.
- After that, you need to select the number of mounting locations required for the machine. The number of mounting locations is usually equal to the number of feet the given machine has.
- Find out the total weight of the machine and the static and dynamic weight of machines at every single mounting point. This helps in finding out the right anti-vibration pad for the machine.
- Don’t forget to look for the special parameters required for the anti-vibration pads. For example, the anti-vibration pads can be specially designed for mobile applications, resistance against exposure to harsh weather, and in applications with stiff grouting and movement constraints. The anti-vibration pads can be made extra soft or rigid according to the demand of the application.
- You can find different types of anti-vibration pads in the market. So depending on the fact that weather the vibration machine is on the ground or suspended floors, you can select the right vibration pads.
- Lastly, don’t forget to specify the bolt size or mounting requirements for the machines where the Anti-vibration mounting pads are required to be used.
With this, we are concluding this post here. If you are keen to learn more about anti-vibration pads, feel free to get in touch with industry experts right away.